Is you Cicada Website Optimised for Mobile?
For a number of years now we have ensured all new websites we have developed or upgraded have been compliant with the latest web standards to make sure all browsers and devices can see and interact with them. This means that people with smartphones can see and use your Cicada Website.
But, is that enough?
Does your website provide the best experience it can for your potential customer searching and viewing your website on their iPhone?
Unless we have already optimised your website for mobile, the answer is 'probably not'.
What does a Mobile Optimised website look like?
When viewing a mobile optimised website with a mobile device you will notice the following qualities:
- No need to zoom in
- No horizontal scrolling
- Links and buttons optimised for touch screens
- Smaller images and page size (reduce mobile data usage)
Why is having a Mobile Optimised website important now?
Here are three good reasons:
- Right now, more than half of all local searches are performed on mobile devices
- Later this year, only mobile optimised pages will appear in the top rankings on Google when searched on a mobile device
- Next year, it is likely there will be more people viewing your website on a mobile device than on their desktop pc
How do Cicada Optimise a Website for Mobile?
There are three methods we can use to optimise your website. These are:
- Skin - For this we apply a customised version of the latest generation 'reactive' skins to your existing website. This will make all your existing website pages adapt to fit whatever device screen your customer has
- Page - This involves creating a number of custom optimised pages on your existing website that mobile devices are redirected to
- Site - For this we will build a new mobile version of your website that mobile devices are redirected to. Your existing website sits alongside for desktop customers.
How much will it cost?
This of course depends on what solution we agree suits your website best and the amount of work involved. Price indication:
- Skin - to apply a customised adaptive skin would be about $600 + GST
- Page - add 5 custom mobile pages with a redirect would be about $450 + GST
- Site - A new mobile website would start at $1,600 + GST
The preferred solution for most of our customers is the adaptable reactive Skin option starting at $600 + GST. This solution is the most 'future proof' and does not create any extra maintenance as there are no additional pages.
The Page or Site options may be best if the desktop page cannot be compromised because of branding or design issues or there are reasons to limit the content mobile viewers can see.